The Greenough Museum & Gardens is proud to be involved in a community driven project to acknowledge the crucial role convicts had in the development of the Midwest.
The project is to be launched on the 2nd & 3rd June 2018. Suggested itinerary is below.
Saturday 2nd June
- 9.00am – 11.00am Irwin District Museum 5 Waldeck St, Dongara. Coffee & tea provided. Self-guided tour Russ Cottage.
- 11.30am – 12.45pm Central Greenough Historic Settlement Purchase own lunch. Self-guided tour of village – $8.00.
- 1.00pm – 2.30pm Greenough Museum & Gardens Coffee & tea provided.
- 3.00pm – 4.00pm Old Geraldton Gaol Corner Bayley St & Chapman Rd.
Sunday 3rd June
- 10.00am – 11.30am Lynton Convict Depot self-guided tour and morning tea.
- 12.00 – 1.30pm Chiverton House Purchase own lunch in Northampton or take a picnic lunch to have at the museum.
- 2.00pm – 3.30pm Chapman Valley Museum. Coffee & tea provided.
Discover the uniqueness of the Western Australian convict system; find out about those who went on to become prominent members of our communities, and those who failed to adapt. Marvel at relics from the convict era. Search the data bases, maybe one of your ancestors is there!
Entry by donation on above 2 days, otherwise normal entry fees apply. Displays will be up for an extended period.